1/4" Drill Bit
1/4" Stem Elbow Fitting
1/4" Tee Fitting
3/8" Adaptor Valve
Drain Saddle Assembly
PLEASE NOTE: CONNECTION TO A COLD WATER SUPPLY & DRAIN IS NECESSARY FOR SYSTEM OPERATION
CONNECTING PURUS SYSTEM TO COLD-WATER FEED
- Shut off cold-water feed (shut-off valves are typically located under the sink).
- Disconnect cold-water faucet hose from cold-water shut-off valve.
- Attach Adaptor Valve to cold-water shut-off valve.*
- Attach cold-water faucet hose to Adaptor Valve.
- Insert BLUE Tubing into Adaptor Valve fitting (opening with black ring), making sure tubing has a straight, smooth end and is inserted all the way into quick-connect fitting.
- Remove the plug from the fitting located on the back of the Purus system marked “Water In” by pressing down on the fitting collet (colored ring around opening of fitting} and pulling out the plug. Save the plug for future use. Insert the BLUE Tubing into the “Water In” fitting.**
* Tee Fitting Option: If 1/4˝ tubing already exists under your sink, the Tee Fitting may be used in place of Adaptor Valve to connect BLUE Tubing from Tee Fitting to Purus system. Cut the existing line and insert each end into the straight portion of the Tee, then insert the BLUE tube into the bottom end of the Tee.
** Stem Elbow Fitting Option: Stem Elbow fitting may be used to connect BLUE Tubing to “Water Out” fitting at different angles. Insert Stem Elbow into “Water Out” fitting, then insert BLUE Tubing into Stem Elbow.
CONNECTING DRAIN SADDLE TO SINK DRAIN
- Select a spot on the drain pipe between the sink and the P-Trap where the Drain Saddle tube insert hole will be located. Mark this location.
- Drill a 1/4” hole at the marked location, making sure to only drill through one side of the drain pipe.*
- Position the Drain Saddle on the drain pipe so that the tube insert hole aligns with the drilled hole.
- Secure the Drain Saddle with the bolts and nuts provided. (Do not over tighten and make sure there is equal space between saddle halves on each side).
- Insert the BLACK Tubing into the Drain Saddle quick-connect fitting, making sure the tubing is inserted all the way into the fitting.
- Remove the plug from the fitting located on the back of the Purus system marked “Water Out” by pressing down on the fitting collet and pulling out the plug. Save the plug for future use. Insert the BLACK Tubing into “Water Out” fitting.**
- Turn on the cold-water feed. Open the Adaptor Valve shut-off (by aligning the shut-off handle to the BLACK tubing). Check for leaks at all valve and tubing connection points and re-tighten/re-insert as needed.
* NOTE: If you have galvanized metal tubing for your drainage, you will need a specific drill bit. We recommend a Dewalt 1/4 in (6,4 mm) bit for Stainless & Heavy Steel.
** Stem Elbow Fitting Option: Stem Elbow fitting may be used to connect BLACK Tubing to “Water Out” fitting at different angles. Insert Stem Elbow into “Water Out” fitting, then insert BLACK Tubing into Stem Elbow.
WE’RE ALMOST THERE – PRIMING YOUR PURUS SYSTEM
- Plug the black power cord into the back of the unit & the closest electrical outlet. WARNING: Do not turn the hot switch on until step 15 is complete
- To ready the Purus system for first use, place a container under the dispense nozzle. Press the Hot Select button, then press and hold the Dispense button until water begins to flow from the nozzle. Repeat this process with Cold Select/Dispense buttons.
- Turn the Hot Switch located on the back of the Purus system to the ON position.
- Wait at least 30 minutes for hot and 60 minutes for cold water to reach optimal temperature.
NEED VIRTUAL ASSISTANCE WITH INSTALLATION?
Visit our Product page & book a FREE hour long session here.
To print a PDF version of the Purus Installation Guide, please click here.
To print a PDF version of the Purus User Manual, please click here.
Have a question? Please reach out to us on our contact page here.